Power in Unity: Make Sure your Employees are Using the Free Soldo App
Soldo’s spend control platform elegantly unifies every single piece of the business spending jigsaw. The free Soldo app is a crucial piece.
It’s this unity which gives Soldo its true beauty and power.
With Soldo, everything is connected, and everything makes sense. This connectedness means using a single Soldo feature actually has a multiplying effect, giving you even greater power over your company’s spending.
One of the key pieces of the jigsaw lies – literally – in the palm of your employees’ hands.
Use the Soldo App to Shred Time and Stress
If your employees use the Soldo app to its fullest potential, both you and they will save priceless hours every single month. Your employees will be happier, because they won’t have to waste time on doing expense reports, and you won’t have to waste time figuring out who spent what, and why.
All the information you need will be available in plain sight in the dashboard, including all of those receipts, notes, categories and tags that your employees are adding as they go, using the app.
Getting Down to the Nitty Gritty with Tags
If your employees have all been using the app, you’ll be able to generate one of Soldo’s two-click data-rich expense reports according to the information that your employees have added.
And, since you as the administrator can create the tags yourself, you’ll be able to generate really detailed and specific reports with all receipts readily attached.
Common examples of reports that you might generate by tag include reports on:
- Anything else you can think of – there’s no limit to what you can create as a tag in Soldo
Download the Soldo app for free from the Apple Store (requires iOS 8.0 or later) or Google Play (requires Android 4.4 or later)
Here’s what your Employees Can Do with the App:
- Capture receipts (and other images) with their phone camera and attach them to the relevant purchase
- Add notes (e.g. “Lunch with client”) and tags (such as ‘Meals,’ ‘Software,’ ‘Travel,’ or any other tag that you, as the administrator, want to create)
- Keep full Soldo card details at their fingertips (stored securely in the app)
- Tap to copy virtual Soldo card details, making it quick and easy to purchase from e-commerce apps such as Amazon
- Stay on top of their spending, with at-a-glance balances and transactions
- See an overview of their spending to date
- View full payment details for each transaction, including attachments, notes, tags and categories
- View their card details, settings and rules
- Report card loss, theft or damage
- Request customer support
Getting your employees using the app as soon as you can really means that everyone wins
Best of all, the Soldo app is easy to use.
Getting your Employees on Board
Make sure you enter your employees’ smartphone number correctly when you create them as new users in the Soldo dashboard. That way they can download the app and start using it immediately.
When you give your employees their Soldo card, you can explain to them that you expect them to download the free Soldo app and start using it immediately.
We’ve found that most people are so relieved at the thought of not having to do expense reports, that they’re more than happy to get going.
You can also include Soldo App usage as an essential part of your company’s expense policy, if you have one.
If you’re taking a more informal approach, or your employees aren’t tech-savvy, why not just remind them that using the app will mean they’ll no longer have to struggle with an expense sheet at the end of the month?
A couple of taps each time they use their card is far less stressful than four hours spent every week on a spreadsheet.
Check out this Guide to the Soldo App
We’ve put together a quick guide to the Soldo App, complete with screenshots to illustrate each feature. You can download it here..